Easy and impressive Edible arrangements
You have guests over, and you want to impress them with a fancy looking treat, instead of simply serving a fruit salad. These ideas will make your guests mouths water, and could also lure the most stubborn of kids to eat their greens. And the best part of this is you don’t need to be some major expert to make these, they’re all incredibly easy to make.
1. A fruity Bouquet:
It might seem like a complicated piece, but it’s surprisingly simple.
What you need to make such a colorful and delicious bouquet is easy, you will need fruits that are not too soft, such as grapes, melon, kiwi, pineapple, watermelon, etc.
Use cookie cutters to cut the bigger fruits into fun shapes, and use a knife or a pair of scissors to make leaves. Next use wooden skewers to make kebabs and place them in a floral sponge, or use a round lettuce or cabbage base, and then place in serving container.
Alternatively, you can use an overturned pasta strainer.
2. Watermelon Hearts:
Another simple yet impressive idea, a different way to serve watermelon to your guests.
All you need is a sweet watermelon, heart cookie shaped cutters (or any other shapes you might want).
You will need to slice the watermelon into even slices. Place a slice on a clean surface and use the cookie cutters to create your desired shapes.
Remove the cut pieces and place them in a bowl. Place the remaining watermelon slices on a tray or plate, and fill the holes with berries, grapes or small bits of fruit.
3.The Apple Bowl and Flower Combo:
If we're dealing with apples, why not add some more decorations to the mix? This piece is both useful and eye catching, where the apple is both a serving bowl and a decorative piece
What you'll need:
Apples, wooden skewers, a short sharp knife, lemon and some fruit salad.
- Remove the stalks from each Apple.
- with the small knife, cut six tear shaped
cuts along the top of the apple.
- Remove the top third of the apple, separating the cut parts from the rest of the apple, creating flower shape.
- Use the carving knife to make spaces between each tear.
- Scoop out the insides of the apples other two thirds and fill them up with the fruit salad.
- To add the flower, break a skewer to the desired length, and stick the flower on top.
- then put the other end into the apple bowl.
4. A Pear Turkey:
What a charming way to serve fruit:
Pears, grapes, berries, raisins and carrots are not only healthy, but also wonderfully colorful. Use half a pear as the turkey's body, half grapes to create the feathers, and add berries as decorations. Finally, cut carrot strips to add as feet and a beak, use raisins for eyes and serve it to your astonished guests.
5. Tomato Tulips:
Give your guests some flowers that they can eat, they won't soon forget it.
What you need:
- Date tomatoes.
- Any cheese you want.
- Green onions.
- Cut the tomatoes in an X, but make sure not to cut in all the way.
- Gently scoop out the seeds.
- Use your fingers to open the tomato up and fill it with the cheese.
- Make a small cut in the bottom of each tomato and use the green onions to create stalks.
- use a thin stalk as a ribbon and tie the bouquet for serving.
- If you want the bouquet to be upright, use wooden skewers instead of green onions.
10 signs your cat is sick1064 0
Sometimes it is hard to tell if your cat is sick or just being lazy.
Eat like a … (Greek)642 0
Eat like a … (Greek) Today we fly to another European country to follow our series where we live a ...
10 tips for Going Back to work after baby1514 1
Some new mothers will not be able to stay at home with their babies for long. They may have to retur...