How to Build a Shutter Side Table
Give weathered shutters new life as a side table or plant stand. Follow our step-by-step instructions.
What you'll need:
- 4 wood shutters, all the same size
- 8 art canvas stretchers
- 16 screws
- 1 piece of glass for table top- cut to fit inside beveled edge of canvas frame
- 1) Stand all four shutters up and form the table shape; The four shutters together will make a square base.
- 2) Grab a friend to hold the shutters in place, then measure the width of one shutter.
- 3) Take that square measurement and purchase 8 art stretchers of the same or slightly larger measurement (stretcher measurement can be slightly larger, it just means the top will extend beyond the sides a bit).
- 4) Piece the stretchers together to form two square shapes; one for the base, and one for the top of the table.
- 5) Standing the shutters up vertically, place the frame on top of the four shutters.
- 6) Drill 2 screws (evenly spaced on each side) through the frame and into the top edge of the shutter to hold firm. Repeat on the other three sides.
- 7) Turn the shutter over, and repeat the previous step.
- 8) Finish the wood stretchers with the same paint or stain as the shutter.
- 9) Have a glass store cut a 1/4-inch piece of glass for the tabletop that will fit inside the canvas stretcher's beveled edge.
- 10) Now you have a side table recycled from old shutters and made by your hands.
simple homemade tips for anti aging663 0
Young-looking skin is what we always dream of! Wrinkles, crow’s feet, fine lines, laugh lines, and d...
How to lay back while on lockdown606 0
During the pandemic we’ve been given the gift of time. Most of us work from home, or remotely with f...
5 ways to spice up your married life1216 0
After we get used to our married life and spend lots of time together